Connecticut Conference Video
From time to time, the Connecticut Conference finds the opportunity to record and share its ministries and aspirations through the medium of video. This page archives and displays some of those efforts.
The weekly podcast of the Connecticut Conference has a video edition: this ten to fifteen minute production includes a spiritual reflection and prayer from a member of the staff, news headlines, and previews of coming events. ConferenceCast is posted on Thursdays.
Special Occasion Productions
- Witnesses to the Spirit (2012)
- Five people offer a brief personal testimony to the power of God as they've experienced it in their lives and the places they worship. Featuring John Gage, Chang Ho Jun, Audrey Dolan, Eric Anderson, and John Selders. (Connecticut Conference production, 5 min 1 sec)
- Colombia Stories (2012)
- In August 2011, a delegation of faith leaders visited peace and justice advocates in the struggling nation of Colombia. They came back with stories to tell. (Connecticut Conference production, 10 min 4 sec)
- CTUCC Budget Presentation (2011)
- Conference Finance and Budget Committee Chair Mark Engstrom and Conference staff members Charlie Kuchenbrod and Jane Fawcett take a light-hearted, informative, and unvarnished approach to this presentation in October of 2011. (Connecticut Conference production, 11 min 37 sec)
- Music Remix! (2011)
- A pair of ordained ministers and musicians remix old favorite hymns -- and some newer music -- to engage the heart and soul. (Connecticut Conference production, 16 min 59 sec)
- Investing in the Future (2011)
- Interim Conference Minister the Rev. Charles L. Wildman talks about increasing the Conference's ministry efforts in the spring of 2011: added hours for regional and program staff, and the significant renovations at Silver Lake Conference Center. (Connecticut Conference production, 2 min 18 sec)
- Words and Worship from the Journey: Highlights of the CTUCC Fall 2010 Annual Meeting (2010)
- Music from some of the lively, engaging worship of the Annual Meeting, challenging words from keynote speaker Robert Orr and Conference Preacher John Nelson, and the confidence in the church's mission of Interim Conference Minister Chuck Wildman come together in this summary video. The Fall Session of the Connecticut Conference Annual Meeting was held in Middletown October 22-23 on the theme "Journey with Jesus: 400 Years of Transforming Mission." (Connecticut Conference production, 8 min 35 sec)
- Silver Lake Update (2010)
- A celebration of the 2010 ministry of Silver Lake Conference Center, the outdoor ministry facility of the Connecticut Conference UCC in Sharon, Connecticut, produced by volunteer staffer Christopher Hale. (Connecticut Conference production, 3 min 41 sec)
- A Fabulous Day: Silver Lake's Fourth Annual Golf Tournament (2010)
- What could be better than playing golf for Silver Lake? Not much; some of the 2010 golfers celebrate a great day and a great ministry. (Connecticut Conference production, 2 min 11 sec)
- A Challenge for a Future: Revive Us Again (2010)
- Presenters to the 2010 Spring Meeting of the Connecticut Conference challenge to church to hope, witness, new birth, and new life. (Connecticut Conference production, 6 min 30 sec.)
- The Church in a Strange Land: Keynote Address of the Rev. Steve Sterner (2010)
- Speaking at the Spring Session of the 2010 Annual Meeting, Sterner reviews the cultural changes and the paralysis of the Church, with its resulting decline; he surveys the characteristics of the emerging Church that is adapted to the new cultural realities. (Connecticut Conference production, 45 min.)
- What Do You Want to Pass On to Those Who are Thinking About Working for God for a Living? (2010)
- TAWFG Shepherd church pastors and mentors pass on their joy, their wisdom, and their passion for the ministry to those who are Thinking About Working for God for a Living. (Connecticut Conference production, 75 sec.)
- The Church in a Strange Land: Seven Ways to Thrive! (2010)
- A special invitation to a special meeting of the Conference. (Connecticut Conference production, 90 sec.)
- Our Church's Wider Mission (2008)
- A celebration and exploration of the meaning, purpose, and promise of local church giving to the conference, national global settings of the United Church of Christ through OCWM Basic Support (Connecticut Conference production, 8 min.).
- Hand to Hand, Heart to Heart (2007)
- Using still images, this video tells the story of the 2005 hurricanes that devastated the Gulf Coast, encouraging contributions of time, talent, and treasure to the recovery effort (Connecticut Confernece production, 6 min.).
- Now for the Future (2006)
- A celebration and appeal on behalf of Now for the Future: the Campaign for Silver Lake, telling the story of the site's year-round ministry and the plans for its enhancement through a major capital campaign and renovation effort (Connecticut Conference production, 9 min.).
- The Spirit is Growing: Silver Lake Conference Center (2006)
- An invitation and description of the summer conferences held at Silver Lake, ranging from waterfront fun to worship to games (Elite Video production and donation, 9 min.).
- Invitation to General Synod (2005)
- Preparing to host the General Synod of the United Church of Christ in Hartford in 2007, the Connecticut Conference produced this video to describe the event and encourage church members to participate and volunteer (Connecticut Conference production, 7 min.).